By Martha P. Nochimson
- Brings jointly the main innovative, in-depth, and fascinating scholarship on arguably the best residing Asian filmmaker, from a multinational team of confirmed and emerging movie students and critics
- Covers a major breadth of themes resembling the culture of the jianghu in Wong's motion pictures; queering Wong's movies now not when it comes to gender yet during the artist's liminality; the phenomenological Wong; Wong's intertextuality; the USA via Wong's eyes; the optics of intensities, thresholds, and transfers of strength in Wong's cinema; and the diasporic presence of a few women from Shanghai in Wong's Hong Kong
- Examines the political, ancient, and sociological impact of Wong and his paintings, and discusses his paintings from various views together with glossy, post-modern, postcolonial, and queer theory
- Includes appendices which research Wong’s paintings in Hong Kong tv and commercials
Read Online or Download A Companion to Wong Kar-wai (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors) PDF
Similar film & video art books
Forgotten Hollywood Forgotten History shares America's tale during the eyes of personality actors of Hollywood's Golden Age together with Claude Rains, Walter Brennan, Van Heflin, and Basil Rathbone. Finalist 2012 international booklet AwardsFor enthusiasts of History Channel, GetTV, and Turner vintage video clips
Just like the haggadah, the conventional “telling” of the tale of the Israelites’ exodus from Egypt that's learn on the Passover seder, cinema deals a invaluable textual content from which to realize an realizing of the social, political, and cultural realities of Jews in the United States. In an strongly encouraged via Jewish filmmakers who made and proceed to make the choices as to which movies are produced, the advanced and evolving nature of the yankee Jewish has had enormous influence on American cinema and, specifically, on how Jews are mirrored at the monitor.
This moment variation of reduce by way of minimize: modifying Your movie or Video covers the present panorama of postproduction strategy, taking the reader step-by-step during the editor’s trip from receiving dailies to offering on movie, tape, dossier, or disk for YouTube, cinema, Blu-ray, or television. The publication courses the filmmaker during the operation of electronic enhancing platforms, sound and song enhancing and the combination, and tape, tapeless, and movie workflows.
Wars have performed a momentous position in shaping the process human background. the ubiquitous specter of clash has made it an everlasting subject of curiosity in pop culture, and plenty of video clips, from Hollywood blockbusters to autonomous motion pictures, have sought to teach the complexities and horrors of conflict on-screen.
- On Location in Cuba: Street Filmmaking during Times of Transition (Envisioning Cuba)
- Hollywood and Europe Greatest and Rarest Black and White Films Stills. Book 1, 3rd Edition. (The Golden Age of Hollywood.)
- Bring In the Peacocks or Memoirs of a Hollywood Producer
- Cosmopolitan Cinema: Cross-cultural Encounters in East Asian Film (Tauris World Cinema Series)
- The Rise of Spanish-Language Filmmaking: Out from Hollywood's Shadow, 1929-1939 (Latinidad: Transnational Cultures in the United States)
- Intimate Violence: Hitchcock, Sex, and Queer Theory
Extra resources for A Companion to Wong Kar-wai (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors)
A Companion to Wong Kar-wai (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors) by Martha P. Nochimson